Sunday, December 6, 2009

Westbound Train



Above is a video of Westbound Train covering Sam Cooke's "Cupid". This summer I saw them perform at Warped Tour, and while I felt sorta depressed most of the day, their set, and this song in particular, resurrected my soul. You see just about every band I saw, I heard no sincerity. Every band was out there to be a band, not musicians. There was no soul or love in the music of A Skylit Drive, Saosin, All Time Low, or any of these other bands. It made me question, am I getting older? Am I loosing my love for music? Why don't I get this when years before Warped Tour was the highlight of my year?

However once WBT started it all came back. It showed me why I love music. Its a great memory for me and its sad to see that they are taking a hiatus now and others won't to feel the warmth that their music brought. At least they made 4 fantastic records which i'll be listening to for years whenever I need my reggae fix.

No comments:

Post a Comment