Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Recommendation: Quantic and his Combo Barbaro



By far one of the best artists I've been introduced to this year is Quantic. From his solo DJing stuff to the Quantic Soul Orchestra and Flowering Inferno they all hit on various sub-genres including funk, soul, reggae and salsa while keeping the common thread of being groovy.

His newest project Quantic and his Combo Barbaro ]explores the textures of South America. He put together this group after living in Columbia for the last couple years and its nothing short of amazing.

When I made my best f list a few weeks back I totally forgot about this record, but I've been listening to it constently and its working its way up into my top 5.

Quantic & his Combo Bárbaro @ the Echoplex, LA from Quantic on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment