Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Life is Funny: LCD Soundsystem on NPR

James Murphy recently gave an awesome interview on NPR syndicated program Sound Opinions. He talked alot about the arch of LCD Soundsystem's career and his own life including how he had opportunities to write for Seinfeld, produce for Janet Jackson and write with Britney Spears. Now instead of freaking out about these possible life changing opportunities, he was just kinda lazy and let them fizzle out. His view on the Seinfeld situation is summarized in this awesome quote;

"If the world had told me I was awesome at 22 I would have become an insufferable fuck. The world telling you that you're good before you figure out that the world doesnt really care and that what ever happens is funny really limits your enjoyment. I think failing consistently during my 20s set me up to be happy later in life. So much of our band is about being older."

I think this a refreshing view of life and I reccomend checking out the rest of the interview for more awesome nuggets like this.
James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem on NPR

No comments:

Post a Comment